Monday, October 8, 2012

2+2=4

Your dad would say that I was overreacting, but some part of me knew that you guys were on your way... and fast. Wednesday night before I delivered,  I was with two Baylor best friends, Laura and Natalie, eating oh so healthy cheese fries, a college favorite and tradition with these two besties.  By the time I made it home, I kept telling your dad that I was feeling "different." By the next morning, I was at my twice weekly dr check up, but never came back home... until 4 days later, with both of you!  I was checked into the hospital that morning and that night you guys arrived!  Family drove in from Houston and everyone was there to greet your dad in the waiting room as he proudly announced that Luke Jacob was born first, at 6 pounds 2 ounces, and Elizabeth, "Libby" Jean was born second, at 4 pounds 14 ounces.
There are no words to describe the first time I looked in your eyes, or held each of you, but the only way I know how to explain it is... it was worth every single tear that was ever shed as we dreamed of you, and waited for what was only the hope of you. On August 2, 2012 our family of 2 became a family of 4. And life as we know it will never be the same...



No comments:

Post a Comment